15 September 2009

Movie Review: The Mudge Boy

The fragments of rural America that I learn about from watching American movies and documentaries prepared me for this film. I now understand how and why gay white Americans as a group are so neurotic.

The story is fairly straight forward. 14 year old weird kid suffers his mother's death. He finds himself attracted to her clothing, speaking in her voice, and practicing giving head on his pet rooster's head. His father is perplexed and the neighborhood teens tease him. He befriends a group of older kids by buying them beer. He becomes close to Perry who has some secrets of himself.

I wouldn't put this on the top of my list of films to watch. But if you've got the time and interest, you won't be disappointed. Available on the Malaysian Filem Gay blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment