09 September 2009

Movie Review: Six Degrees of Separation

I became familiar with this movie in 1996, yet its taken me 13 years to watch it. Will Smith stars in this homo-flick and was likely the reason why I didn't watch it in 1996. I didn't find him attractive -- he was a clown of Bel Air. But now as we have aged together, I decided to watch it since its one of the very very few homo-flicks I haven't seen.


It's a fascinating movie. I don't want to give away any surprises, but this is what Netflix said about the movie:
Paul is a charming and engaging young con artist who appears one day on the doorstep of Flan and Ouisa Kittredge. Professing to be a friend of the affluent couple's son, Paul spins a tale of celebrity and despair that deeply affects the pair and their socialite friends.
In the process, he ends up seducing a really handsome white guy and a number of other strange and curious things. It is a fascinating psychological thriller without the slasher/gore kind of thing. The movie starred Will Smith, Donald Sutherland, Stockard Channing, Ian McKellen, Mary Beth Hurt, Bruce Davison and Heather Graham.

3 comments:

  1. i heard about this movie. it was in my family's taboo list along with sliver and eyes wide shut. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird, but will smith will always be, at least for me, that clown from Prince of Bel Air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @cb: well eyes wide shut was just strange all around. sliver... that reminds me of when of UB40 Fools Rush In. lol.

    @Scheez: I think we are aging ourselves.

    ReplyDelete