28 November 2009

Movie Review: 100 Days Before the Command

This movie should have been called 100 minutes before the end. This very long, non-narrative movie was shot and edited a few months before the end of the U.S.S.R. It follows three recruits in the Red Army and shows, in a non-narrative fashion, how totally gay it is to live and work in an army. That's about it. (It is not Eisenstein or like him.)

If watching young naked Russian men prancing around their barracks in various states of undress and washing each other naked in the showers is of some interest to you, then I'd say watch it. Otherwise, you'll be like an Atheist with an attention deficit watching Die Große Stille / Into Great Silence.

4 comments:

  1. The poster guy's pout makes him look like Putin. At least to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day! I am Astrid Abesamis, Communication Arts graduating student from the University of Santo Tomas. Our thesis group would like to ask for your help by answering our survey about blogging. Can I ask for your email address so that I can email the survey questionnaire? We hope for your response. Thank you so much! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @VG: hahha.

    @Ast Abe: since you didn't give me your e-mail and it's not on your blog or profile, I'm not sure how to give it to you. My profile has my e-mail in but I will put it here for easy reference: sampaloctoc@gmail.com .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for responding.. I already emailed the survey questions.. Thank you very much! We really appreciate your participation and help.. Thank you again! Good day!

    my email add is as3d07@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete