16 April 2011

Movie Review: I Love You Phillip Morris

This has got to be one of the funniest romantic comedies I've ever seen. And it's quite disturbing that, it is, with a few dramatic changes, a true story. I do not recommend extensively reading about Steven Jay Russell or Phillip Morris before watching this film. I happened to read the short article in Esquire. But other than that, nothing.

As you can see, Ewan McGregor and Jim Carrey play gay men who are in love. The story is about the crazy life of Steven Russell (played by Jim Carrey) and what kind of madness threads the life of a police officer who is married with child to gay con man, escape-artist felon. If you ever enjoyed Jerry Springer or Judge Judy and you like gay romantic comedies, this is the movie to watch.

6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to buy this for a long time. But I've been procrastinating, hehe. I'll buy it the next time I see it. I hope the bootleggers still have a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I want to watch this but I have no means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got to be one of the funniest romantic comedies I've ever seen. - i agree with this.

    and one has to admire steven russell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @geek: his last feat I did admire. its easy to impersonate a judge, but not so easy to fake death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this too. I had a soft copy of it once, then my drive got busted. Huha.

    There was something in the article though I didn't quite agree with. Jim Carrey can be a serious actor. I mean, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Given, it wasn't really The Crime of Padre Amaro drama, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @manech. totally. i actually enjoyed eternal sunshine.

    ReplyDelete