02 April 2011

Movie Review: La León

Let me be the first to admit that I did not give this movie my undivided attention. As you know, there is this unspoken rule in movie making about the first ten minutes. The viewer needs some bait. And well, this movie turned out to be too formal for the bait. I was actually struck by the intense sex scene later in the movie because it seemed to break with the formal tone of the movie.

In any event, I watched the whole thing because the cinematography of an Argentinian jungle was too good to pass up. I could have watched it without the subtitles and the sound and I might have even enjoyed it more. It is also possible that failing to give the movie my undivided attention I missed the enchanting aspects of it and, therefore, can only praise the cinematography.

No comments:

Post a Comment