01 September 2011

Movie Review: Just Say Love

Well well well. I am not the biggest fan of the dialogue-only genre -- especially when the set is designed to resemble the set of a live performance. There was Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf? and of course Rope, but those really weren't dialogue-only were they?

This is really a dialogue-only and I recall, somewhere a movie just like this that came out in the 1990s, but for the life of me I can't remember its name. It is shot almost exclusively in bed and in black and white. I think I fell asleep when I wasn't contemplating how to kill myself and end the boredom. This movie doesn't have that problem at all and in fact, I liked the ending, sort of, so it wasn't bad.

It's just one of those movies that you really have to enjoy sitting through seventy plus minutes of dialogue to enjoy, which I rarely do. So, there it is. If you had or have confusion regarding attraction to straight or straight-identified men, this would be a movie to torture yourself with.



No comments:

Post a Comment