03 February 2012

A Happy Childhood Memory, A Series

"Although the actual moment of conversion often seems quite sudden and unexpected, we know from experience that such a fundamental upheaval always requires a long period of incubation." - Carl Gustav Jung

I stopped by his work place. "I think tonight is the night." I said. "Me too." He responded cautiously.

A leisurely pause lingered.

"I'll start the search." "Okay."

He finished his work and we left. We ended up with some friends who were supportive of this seemingly sudden change. We found it. A moment of hesitation, before the god. Rather, it found us.

He gripped my hand, I turned to look. But it was too late. The god had descended. Without words, we spoke. A tsunami unleashed, I could only chant formulas of containment learned in an earlier life. He wanted to hold me -- be held -- kiss me -- be kissed. Suddenly, the voice:

Remember the clear light, the pure clear white light from which everything in the universe comes, to which everything in the universe returns; the original nature of your own mind. The natural state of the universe unmanifest. Let go into the clear light, trust it, merge with it. It is your own true nature, it is home.

Then, the boundaries of he, me, us, them blurred. Revealed in an instant, the entire map of my soul-universe pouring out of my finite perspective gushing in every direction unbounded by the laws of this mechanical universe.

I move through the materiality of my life. A watery rebirth. A repetition of my childhood, a happy memory, reflexed, repeated, retrieved reverberates into dark areas of my soul. And then, I drifted to sleep. A happy childhood memory.

--
The Emo Blogger's Happy Blogging Challenge: A Happy Childhood Memory

citybuoy, spiral prince, sitting pretty, manila bitch, orange wit, ♔ıǝɹɯɐı♔

7 comments:

  1. i wonder why i don't have the gift of good writing.

    i love this post. it easily moved my mind out of the toxic workplace to your happy childhood memory. and i think that's how effective writing should be.

    this is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a good writer, you just don't share with us. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this what being on acid feels like? I'd like to replay some childhood memories of my own. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. sort of, but different. i'd stick to empathogens if you want to use psychotropics to connect with your inner child. imho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what I love about childhood memories, it gives you energy!

    ReplyDelete