21 October 2015

Movie Review: Beira Mar (Seashore)


When I finished the movie, I wasn't sure precisely what the plot was. I then went online to see if I could get some kind of plot summary to clarify matters. Sadly, I discovered that there was no plot to this movie. Loosely centered around a journey that one of the boys takes on behalf of his father for some purpose (immigration documents or something), this is snapshot of a summer of two 18 year old boys having a summer. I wonder if this could even properly be considered an LGBT movie really. But perhaps we are coming to a point now where LGBT becomes an empty, universal category that refers to everything and yet nothing. Seashore, how 18 year olds lived life one summer, a few years ago, somewhere in Brazil.

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I saw Free Fall. I don't know. The LGBTQ genre has changed so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it funny. i'm certain I watched Free Fall, but I can't remember key points in the plot as noted by wikipedia. why is that? lol

    ReplyDelete