14 November 2015

Movie Review: I Am Happiness on Earth (Yo soy la felicidad de este mundo)


I'll be very honest. I liked parts of this movie a lot. Actually, most of it was quite interesting all around but the hetero/bisexual Almodóvarian sequence in the middle was interesting but misplaced. I also noticed the parts that were most interesting to me included those parts of the story that included Alan Ramirez -- pictured above in navy blue briefs.

Ramirez plays Octavio. He is not the main character in this film. Rather, he is the "first" boyfriend of the main character we are introduced to. But I identified with his character. He plays hard to get for about 2 seconds and then is madly in love with his pursuer only to have the pursuer lose interest. He is a dancer and has a very, very well defined dancer's body.

It's a bit disappointing that the main character goes onto other things in the film and also that the movie itself rambles into an Almodóvarian sequence. The cinematography was splendid even in that awkward sequence. But I wish the movie had been about Octavio and his life, not the main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment